Medigap Plan G
Medicare Supplement Insurance plans, also known as Medigap plans, help pay the out-of-pocket costs that remain after Original Medicare plans pay their approved portion of your health care costs. There are currently ten plans available, each offering a specific arrangement of valuable benefits. Some Medigap plans offer comprehensive benefits, while others are lighter in their offering. This is what you can expect from Medigap Plan G.
Medigap Plan G Benefits
Medigap Plan G is one of the most comprehensive Medigap plans available. It is very similar to Plan F, though it will not cover the Part B deductible like Plans F and C. Here are the benefits featured in Medigap Plan G:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs for up to 365 days after your Medicare benefits run out.
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B coinsurance and copayments
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Blood to be used in a medical procedure, up to 3 pints.
- Part A hospice care coinsurance and copayments
- Skilled Nursing Facility Care
- Foreign travel health emergency costs up to 80%
Medigap Plan G Costs
The comprehensive nature of Medigap Plan G makes it one of the pricier Medigap plan options. Although Medigap does not offer standardized rates, you can expect your Plan G policy to cost somewhere between $150 and $220. Costs vary depending on location, insurance provider, and at times, health status. Check with an insurance agent to get a quote in your area.