Medigap Plan F
Medicare Supplement Insurance plans, also known as Medigap plans, help pay the out-of-pocket costs that remain after Original Medicare plans pay their approved portion of your health care costs. There are currently ten plans available, each offering a specific arrangement of valuable benefits. The most comprehensive plan available is Plan F; here is what you can expect from Medigap Plan F.
Medigap Plan F Benefits
Medigap Plan F has for a long time been the most popular Medigap plan in the U.S. This is likely because Plan F covers the full range of out-of-pocket costs that are left after Medicare pays their share. Here are the benefits offered by Medigap Plan F
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs for up to 365 days after your Medicare benefits run out.
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B coinsurance and copayments
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Blood to be used in a medical procedure, up to 3 pints.
- Part A hospice care coinsurance and copayments
- Skilled Nursing Facility Care
- Foreign travel health emergency costs up to 80%
Medigap Plan F Costs
Medigap plans are provided by private insurance companies, therefore there aren’t any standardized rates listed for the plans. As a general estimate, expect Plan F monthly premiums to fall into the range of $175 to $300. This high cost is balanced out by the fact that Plan F will pay all out-of-pocket Medicare costs, so it is ideal for people who will frequently use their Medicare benefits.