High Deductible Plan F
Medigap Plan F is the most comprehensive Medicare Supplement Insurance option offered by private insurance companies. Due to the extensive amount of benefits offered in this plan, it can become very expensive. To remedy this issue, some companies offer high deductible Plan F policies. This is what you need to know about High Deductible Medigap Plan F.
High Deductible Plan F Benefits
With a high deductible plan, you take on a large portion of costs until you’ve paid a specific amount into the plan. After you reach that set deductible amount, the plan will function the same way traditional Medigap Plan F works. In 2021, the maximum out-of-pocket cost for High Deductible Plan F is $2,370. Therefore, you will need to pay at least that much for health care costs before your plan will cover all of your out-of-pocket costs.
After you pay your full deductible, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs for up to 365 days after your Medicare benefits run out.
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B coinsurance and copayments
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Blood to be used in a medical procedure, up to 3 pints.
- Part A hospice care coinsurance and copayments
- Skilled Nursing Facility Care
- Foreign travel health emergency costs up to 80%